Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no more transfer ebooks from my laptop (which uses windows 10) to my ipad while using itunes. What should I do?

I can no more transfer ebooks from my laptop (which uses windows 10) to my ipad while using itunes. What should I do?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 6:27 AM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2017 6:56 PM in response to lham2

Hi lham2,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble getting eBooks you have stored on your laptop synced to your iPad using iTunes. I understand it's important to be able to transfer and access this content on your iPad and I'd like to help. You'll want to first set up iCloud Drive to store your ePub, iBooks Author books, and PDF files which you can access using iBooks on your iPad: Set up iCloud Drive

Next, use this resource to Use iCloud Drive or iBooks to access your PDF files, ePub files, and books

Best Regards.

Nov 20, 2017 11:02 AM in response to lham2

Hi lham2,

I understand you'd like to know if you'll be able to use iCloud Drive for books that you've acquired outside of the iBooks Store. I know it's important to access your book files and this information should help:

You can use iBooks and iCloud Drive to sync ePub, iBooks Author books, and PDF files so that you can access them on all of your devices.

Use iCloud Drive or iBooks to access your PDF files, ePub files, and books

As long as the books you have are in one of the formats listed above, you'll be able to store them in iCloud Drive along with the books you've purchased from the iBooks Store.

Warmest Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.