Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can OSX 10.9.5 be upgraded

I have an older Mac, OSX 10.9.5. Can it be upgraded? How do I know which program it runs on, Maverick, Snot Leopard, etc? How to you get rid of duplicate pictures without having to look at every one of them?

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 6:09 AM

5 replies

Nov 17, 2017 6:09 PM in response to bmc15

hi

1- On deleting duplicate files of any kind, find the app called Singlemizer and follow its basic interface and it will give you a list of items that are attribute level duplicates.

I capture a lot of vids and profiles so often over a period of months may just accidentally grab same several times under different names. Sort by 'Wasted Space' and decide which version/ copy you want to keep. Once selected you can group dispose of said items. Still a partially manually function, but it works great.

2-On MacOS- the question is can the device be updated? Go to AppStore and Updates and it will automatically give you the most recent OS you can upgrade too.

However, as I just advised someone else:

I would be very cautious about the need to upgrade for certain items.

Sierra for me has been a serious disappointment. I held out 3+ years I think on Mavericks and frankly the faults and disconnects on Sierra have been a serious setback. I have a list about 30 items long of changes and failures (function and form) that simply do not make sense to an experienced Mac user.

'dave

Can OSX 10.9.5 be upgraded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.