Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I lock my mac easily

I am really frustrated. Most of the time I do not want my iMac at home to require a password. But sometimes I have visitors or workmen and I do want the screen locked. I used to have this little "padlock" icon in the menu bar that I could click and choose "lock screen". Then you needed the logon password to access. That disappeared and I don't know how to get it back. I am using HighSierra.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 6:46 AM

In Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 click on apple logo > again click on lock screen the screen will be locked immediately and on the login screen the admin name and password field will be displayed , without entering the credentials no visitor can enter the computer unless you provide password to them .

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 6:46 AM in response to SteveShapiro

In Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 click on apple logo > again click on lock screen the screen will be locked immediately and on the login screen the admin name and password field will be displayed , without entering the credentials no visitor can enter the computer unless you provide password to them .

How do I lock my mac easily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.