Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Related Article

How to update the software on your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: downloaded epson printer software update but not cannot print

I download an Epson printer software update on 11/10 but now my printer immediately goes to "pause" and states "encryption credentials have expired." Its only affecting my mac as I can print on other computers (microsoft). I've uninstalled on my mac, reinstalled the printer, checked certificates, etc but nothing fixes the issue. Please help!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I had this issue too. I resolved it by deleting the printer then adding it back. When adding a printer you have a choice of secure AirPrint or AirPrint. If you haven't set up a secure connection you will get the "encryption" error and your document won't print. Select AirPrint instead and everything works fine.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Dec 4, 2017 3:11 PM in response to robertfromplantation In response to robertfromplantation

I had this issue too. I resolved it by deleting the printer then adding it back. When adding a printer you have a choice of secure AirPrint or AirPrint. If you haven't set up a secure connection you will get the "encryption" error and your document won't print. Select AirPrint instead and everything works fine.

Dec 4, 2017 3:11 PM

Reply Helpful (3)

Dec 10, 2017 10:27 AM in response to dcam In response to dcam

Update: I ended up updating the printer firmware by downloading from their support website, and then reset the printer based on this: If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support. This helped me to see the Airprint option and was able to select that and can now print. Thanks

Dec 10, 2017 10:27 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: robertfromplantation

Question: downloaded epson printer software update but not cannot print