Not hearing calls
The following steps may help:
If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:
- Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support
To adjust the volume on your Apple Watch, follow the instructions here:
To adjust the volume during calls, follow the instructions here:
Unpair your iPhone from a Bluetooth headset, if one is presently paired to it.
If you are using a case or other protective accessory on your Apple Watch, then it may help to remove it.
Check the speaker port for any wrapping or debris:
Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
Mickey Mouse watch face
In addition to the steps above, to use the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse watch faces with their Tap to Speak Time feature, follow these steps:
- Select the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse watch face:
- Check that Tap to Speak Time is enabled:
On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics - turn on Tap to Speak Time.
- When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up on the display to open Control Centre:
Check that Silent Mode is not enabled:
- If the Silent Mode button (crossed out bell icon) is grey / dim, it is turned off.
- Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch - Apple Support
- Ensure that your Apple Watch has access to Wi-Fi:
- Check that your Apple Watch is connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Or, if your iPhone is not currently connected via Bluetooth, check that your watch has connected to a trusted Wi-Fi network as a fallback.
- About Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Apple Watch - Apple Support
- Place your Apple Watch on the charger, connected to power.
- Wait for around 15 minutes (it may take significantly longer) for the voices to download to your watch.
- Test by waking the display and then tapping on the watch face.
If the feature still does not work as expected, then the following steps may help:
Remove the watch face from the collection on your Apple Watch:
Close the Watch app and restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:
- On your iPhone: double-click the Home button, then swipe up on the Watch app preview.
- Turn both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first:
Add the watch face back to the collection on your Apple Watch and repeat the first set of steps again:
If either issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance: