Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How often should Macs be rebooted?

I have an iMac and Macbook Pro. After a reboot, Hand-off and Airdrop start working between them and my other iOS devices again. After 2-3 days, Hand-off and Airdrop stop working. Reboot one of the Macs and all is well. It's completely annoying.

I don't have any plans to reboot my Macs every 2-3 days. I only reboot them when something is wrong (maybe every 20 - 30 days?). But is there a recommended time frame that they should be rebooted?

I've been through all the useless trouble shooting for Hand-off. Does anyone else have this same issue and have had any luck fixing it?

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 7:44 AM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2017 8:01 AM in response to tjk

I don't think so. Like I said, you shouldn't have to reboot a Mac each 2 - 3 days. And just for Hand-off is definitely not enough to make me reboot. If you have to reboot every 2 - 3 days for Hand-off and Airdrop to work...fah-get-about-it!

Just chalk it up to another hyped up Apple tech that doesn't work.

How often should Macs be rebooted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.