Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been trying to setup CarPlay via Bluetooth. My car gives me the code but my app is failing to load the list of cars to pick from. This is preventing me from connecting. What do I do?

I am unable to connect my 2011 Malibu to CarPlay. My stereo gives me the code but the app fails to load the list of cars to choose from therefore preventing me from connecting

iPhone 5, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 7:06 AM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2017 7:18 AM in response to Denise636

Have you installed an Alpine iLX-107 in your Malibu? If not, you don't have Wireless CarPlay. The Alpine iLX-107 is the only aftermarket system available to date that supports Wireless CarPlay.

The BMW 5 Series is the only vehicle available from the manufacturer with Wireless CarPlay.

CarPlay, wired or wireless, did not exist when your 2011 Malibu was built. The system installed in it from the factory does not support CarPlay at all.

I have been trying to setup CarPlay via Bluetooth. My car gives me the code but my app is failing to load the list of cars to pick from. This is preventing me from connecting. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.