Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: does anyone know of a GB product that will allow my analog guitar out to trigger "synth" sounds

You'll have to excuse me because I really DONT know GB all that well - but I should so here goes:

I have a few electric guitars without MIDI pickups and I was looking at stomp boxes that do all kinds of "synth" sounds and the price is a little rich as disposable gig income has tapered off now that I've become a responsible adult (e.g. not winding up in an overturned vehicle after yelling "hold my beer y'all" over the din of Molly Hatcht's "Flirting with Disaster" on FM radio) and I was wondering if there was something for Garage Band where I could plug in my Strat/Tele/SG and use it to get those types of sounds? If so what, how, etc.?

I'm also looking for a good method of direct connection to my Mac directly from the guitar that does not involve me mic-ing a Marshall 1/2 stack - which makes late light inspiration capturing an abort mission in the house when the kids are sleeping and I'm not. Direct in? Mixing board? If so what's a good one whats a good monitor for a small room, I'm just looking to record two or three tracks: rhythm, lead maybe another lead as you can never have too much lead guitar IMHO.

I'm a guitar player - that's neither Musician or Audio Engineer. I can adapt to software pretty quickly but I admittedly never pursued much recording on a computer or muti-track on a cassette deck for that matter so if you can dumb it down for me that would be mighty nice.

Thank you.

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13), Dual Xeon 2.4, 24GB RAM

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: JimmyCMPIT

Question: does anyone know of a GB product that will allow my analog guitar out to trigger "synth" sounds