Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Image file extensions

When I drag images from firefox the files have been losing their extensions. I have to rename the files and add jpg to them manually. Rampant problem recently. What changed and why is this happening?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Firefox 56.0.2 on El Capitan 10.11.6 successfully drag/drops images to Desktop with extensions. On High Sierra 10.13.1, Firefox 56.0 and 57.0 successfully drag/drop images to Desktop with extensions.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 8:08 AM in response to Brett Grossmann In response to Brett Grossmann

What version Firefox? (FF 57 "Quantum" just released a couple of days ago*)

Run a more effective experiment.

Do the SAME exact steps on Chrome & Safari - same image - from the same webpage

What results?

This is telling you if it is browser or MacOS Sierra issue

I just tested from FF 56.0.2* in Windows10 - drag & drop worked as expected -

* I had upgraded to Quantum but downgraded soon after because of add-ons that I rely on often compatibility

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 8:08 AM in response to Brett Grossmann In response to Brett Grossmann

What version Firefox? (FF 57 "Quantum" just released a couple of days ago*)

Run a more effective experiment.

Do the SAME exact steps on Chrome & Safari - same image - from the same webpage

What results?

This is telling you if it is browser or MacOS Sierra issue

I just tested from FF 56.0.2* in Windows10 - drag & drop worked as expected -

* I had upgraded to Quantum but downgraded soon after because of add-ons that I rely on often compatibility

Nov 17, 2017 8:08 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Solved

Nov 17, 2017 8:10 AM in response to Brett Grossmann In response to Brett Grossmann

Firefox 56.0.2 on El Capitan 10.11.6 successfully drag/drops images to Desktop with extensions. On High Sierra 10.13.1, Firefox 56.0 and 57.0 successfully drag/drop images to Desktop with extensions.

Nov 17, 2017 8:10 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Brett Grossmann

Question: Image file extensions