Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Windows 8.1 High Sierra Issue

As per this article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204048 High Sierra should support the install of Windows 8.1, but in reality it gives an error message saying only Windows 10 is supported. (I have a 2017 iMac with latest specs). On the phone Apple Support says this is not correct despite the aforementioned article, and only Windows 10 is supported. The frustration comes in that I actually have Windows 10 upgrade available to install on my machine, but only once Windows 8.1 is installed (per Microsoft support). So I need a workaround- either a Windows 10 direct product key, or support from high Sierra to install 8.1. Does anyone have a workaround for this situation?

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:19 AM

1 reply

Boot Camp Windows 8.1 High Sierra Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.