Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't move my mouse curser across duel monitors.

I have set up duel monitors but my magic mouse doesn't move across the monitors. The second monitors is not an Apple product. I don't see anything in the mouse or the display settings that deals with this problem.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:40 AM

how are the displays aligned? are they parallel to one another in the control panel?

is this enabled or disabled in the Mission Control control panel?

User uploaded file

3 replies

Nov 17, 2017 8:43 AM in response to peterfrombountiful

What happens when you try exactly?

To move the mouse to a second monitor the displays need to be set to extend the desktop.

If you see the same thing on both monitors, and you see your mouse move at the same time on both, then you are mirroring the display instead of extending it.

Also in System Preferences, make sure the second monitor you are using is set on the proper side of the primary one, so the movement of the mouse is natural. i.e if the second monitor is to the right of the primary one, make sure the displays in System Preferences mimic that setup. Otherwise you may need to move the mouse to the opposite side of the monitor to get it to move onto the other monitor.

Read here for specifics:

Use multiple displays with your Mac - Apple Support

I can't move my mouse curser across duel monitors.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.