Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID and battery life

How much power is consumed by an iPhone X that is locked?

How much power is consumed by, say, an iPhone 8 plus (using touch ID) that is locked?

I'd like to know how much power is consumed when I'm not using it? (I suspect that the iPhone X consumes more power since the camera must be activate to unlock it.) Are there any benchmarks available?

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:46 AM

I will tell you that I just got my iPhone X yesterday afternoon. Because it is new, this morning I have been doing all sorts of tests on the device, and have locked and unlocked it I can't tell you how many times. I've been on the internet a great deal, including my Exchange mail, and I don't have wi-fi, and only 2 bars. I really expected the battery to be going quick, but I've been on for 4 hours now, and I still show 98%.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 8:46 AM in response to disguise

I will tell you that I just got my iPhone X yesterday afternoon. Because it is new, this morning I have been doing all sorts of tests on the device, and have locked and unlocked it I can't tell you how many times. I've been on the internet a great deal, including my Exchange mail, and I don't have wi-fi, and only 2 bars. I really expected the battery to be going quick, but I've been on for 4 hours now, and I still show 98%.

Face ID and battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.