Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Filter finder items and Copy finder items aren't work properly

I tried to make my first Automator file to backup my Time Machine backups to the cloud.

I created a partition on my disk and choose Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled) as it format.

I created Automator file, like this:

Get specified finder items > Get folder contents > Filter finder items > Sort finder items > Run AppleScript:

on run {input, parameters}

return first item of input

end run

> Copy finder items

Until Get folder contents everything go grate, but then the Filter finder items give me unrelated results, for example: I tell it Kind Is Folder and it give me folders, but not all of them (and not the one I really need), I have 190 folders in the main folder that it search in it and I get only 80 random folders... same thing happens when I ask Creation date Is today, I get everything else besides what I really need (I tried to change the all/each one/no one, didn't work either).

Let's say what the Filter finder items found is what I wanted, the Sort finder items and Run AppleScript worked as I expected, now the Copy finder items show error that says the file "my_folder" couldn't copy to the folder "backups" (that I created on the new disk partition), I tried few times with few different folders and got the same error.

I ask for a pretty simple actions, Why it doesn't work? What can I do to solve it?

Thanks for the helpers!

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:41 AM

There are no replies.

Automator Filter finder items and Copy finder items aren't work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.