Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How best to charge my Mac?

Hi all,

I currently use a 2017 MacBook Pro.

What is the optimum way of charging my Mac? As I understand it, the best way to charge an iPhone 6s Plus is to charge it to 90% and then let the iPhone drain to 80% and then charge it back up to 90%. As this is fairly difficult in practice, 90% to 50% and back to 90% is also fairly healthy for the battery. 100% to 0% is not necessary better than 90% to 50%.

What is best for my Mac's battery?

Thank you!

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

The best way to keep your MacBook Pro optimally charged is to connect the power adapter when an outlet is readily available.

There are three different micro-controllers whose job it is to keep your MacBook Pro optimally charged -- it will not overcharge. Any effort you put into second-guessing the work of those micro-controllers is a complete waste of your time and talent. This is a job for computers, not for people.

About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 19, 2017 3:04 AM in response to sultanoflondon In response to sultanoflondon

Basic rule is never to let the battery run right out. Keeping it above 25 to 30% is advisable. Otherwise, as Grant says, charge as necessary. You can't do any harm by leaving it connected once it's fully charged.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 17, 2017 8:54 AM in response to sultanoflondon In response to sultanoflondon

The best way to keep your MacBook Pro optimally charged is to connect the power adapter when an outlet is readily available.

There are three different micro-controllers whose job it is to keep your MacBook Pro optimally charged -- it will not overcharge. Any effort you put into second-guessing the work of those micro-controllers is a complete waste of your time and talent. This is a job for computers, not for people.

About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

Nov 17, 2017 8:54 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 19, 2017 3:04 AM in response to sultanoflondon In response to sultanoflondon

Basic rule is never to let the battery run right out. Keeping it above 25 to 30% is advisable. Otherwise, as Grant says, charge as necessary. You can't do any harm by leaving it connected once it's fully charged.

Nov 19, 2017 3:04 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: sultanoflondon

Question: How best to charge my Mac?