Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How best to charge my Mac?

Hi all,

I currently use a 2017 MacBook Pro.

What is the optimum way of charging my Mac? As I understand it, the best way to charge an iPhone 6s Plus is to charge it to 90% and then let the iPhone drain to 80% and then charge it back up to 90%. As this is fairly difficult in practice, 90% to 50% and back to 90% is also fairly healthy for the battery. 100% to 0% is not necessary better than 90% to 50%.

What is best for my Mac's battery?

Thank you!

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:54 AM

The best way to keep your MacBook Pro optimally charged is to connect the power adapter when an outlet is readily available.

There are three different micro-controllers whose job it is to keep your MacBook Pro optimally charged -- it will not overcharge. Any effort you put into second-guessing the work of those micro-controllers is a complete waste of your time and talent. This is a job for computers, not for people.

About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 8:54 AM in response to sultanoflondon

The best way to keep your MacBook Pro optimally charged is to connect the power adapter when an outlet is readily available.

There are three different micro-controllers whose job it is to keep your MacBook Pro optimally charged -- it will not overcharge. Any effort you put into second-guessing the work of those micro-controllers is a complete waste of your time and talent. This is a job for computers, not for people.

About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

How best to charge my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.