Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fix safari popup virus

My safari on is 11.0.3 is corrupted with the pop up virus. I have emptied the cache, history; and deleted the files in go to folder and it still won’t let me browse. Started after an update. My mob is not a year old. Apple fix this!!!

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:59 AM

20 replies

Nov 17, 2017 9:54 AM in response to charfromfl

I never claimed to tell you that you were irresponsible, I simply said Apple is not responsible for whatever you habits are and what garbage you pick up from the sites you go to due to those sites content or advertising choices.

charfromfl wrote:

...My mob is not a year old. Apple fix this!!

charfromfl wrote:

... It is the support for Apple pop up that discussions are all over the web.

if English is not your native language you can post in whatever is for clarity.

Nov 17, 2017 11:49 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I had a chat with Apple support. Basically he told me Apple is aware of this problem and everything I had already done is what he would have done. He suggested that I download Malwarebytes, which up until then I couldn’t download anything off a website in safari. I did and ran the scan. Three bad files were found which were removed. Safari worked for about an hour and is once again poping up the following:

ww5.mycouponize2mac.com

and then I have to force quit safari. I retain the malware program and it tells me my system is clean. So what next?

Jan 5, 2018 7:05 AM in response to charfromfl

I definitely have a virus on my iPhone X. It’s not a website popup or website message. It started infrequently on different websites I was accessing through Safari. It high jacks what I’m doing and says I won something, instantly redirecting me. I have my phone set to prevent pop ups. I have deleted my browser history which used to get rid of it temporarily. I’ve hard reset my phone and this KEEPS happening with alarming frequ

fix safari popup virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.