Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 locked internationally

I can’t get Apple to call me cause I’m outside USA.

I need my cell unlocked cause I’m starting a cruise but don’t have an email for Apple support.

Phone is fully unlocked for all carriers but does not seem to be internationally unlocked.

Please help!!!

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 10:10 AM

11 replies

Nov 18, 2017 5:35 AM in response to madra31

Thank you all for your replies:

1. My cell does recognizes the carrier but said no service

2. Ship offers very expensive WiFi packages

3. I read this online:

The policy for the phone to work domestically and internationally should read:

US Verizon LTE MM N61/N56/N51/N48/N42 = Fully Factory Unlocked for U.S. + Worldwide Use
As opposed to something like:
US GSM/VZW N61/N56 Service Policy = Unlocked Domestically / Locked Internationally

Nov 20, 2017 5:55 AM in response to madra31

Hi Madra it was originally locked to Carolina West.

I bought it second hand but make sure was unlocked not blacklisted or anything like that. I have called iPhone and also check with them and they can see is not stolen or blocked. Bottom line they see no problem with the phone but I have been in 2 ports and try the local sim card and it does see the carrier but does not connect to the network phone said after restarting searching and after some time change to no service.

Nov 20, 2017 6:20 AM in response to zmo14

It sounds as if the particular activation policy on the device is specific to Carolina West.

With these smaller carriers, there are frequently issues with custom firmware that limits the ability to use the phone elsewhere.

Unfortunately, other than trying to resolve the matter with the carrier itself, there is really no solution. Apple will not modify the activation policy on the device.

Nov 20, 2017 6:45 AM in response to madra31

Finally talked to the carrier and they seem to have some sort of restriction so they said to fully unlocked the phone I must have a cell in USA (they did not understand I was in a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean or ports were the phone does not work) and they will guide me trough it to finished at the iTunes. At least I know is blocked by the carrier even though they told me at the beginning it wasn’t

Thanks all for you helpful replies

iPhone 6 locked internationally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.