Related Article

Changes in iTunes 12.7

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: What is Apple going to do about iPhone screen management?

Before the latest iTunes, users could drag and drop whole iPhone (iPad, iPod) screens to reorder them through iTunes.

Now that Apple has dropped (the ball and...) apps from the iTunes interface, this is no longer possible.

It appears the only way to rearrange screen ordering is now through an unbelievably cumbersome approach of moving app by app, which would take so long (especially if you want to re-order multiple screens) it's incomprehensible they would lose this feature...

Anyone have any thoughts?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 10:24 AM in response to ChrisJ4203 In response to ChrisJ4203

Got it. Thank you for the quick response.

Is there a better place to go with this question e.g. a forum where Apple employees might participate and might be able to respond, or do you think this is essentially a lost cause? (Sorry for asking another potentially speculative question...)

Nov 17, 2017 10:24 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 6:49 PM in response to pH Factory In response to pH Factory

pH Factory wrote:

Got it. Thank you for the quick response.

Is there a better place to go with this question

pH Factory,

You can give feedback directly to Apple at this link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

However, there is no guarantee of a response.

Nov 17, 2017 6:49 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 9:33 PM in response to pH Factory In response to pH Factory

Unfortunately, there is no forum where Apple employees respond. The best place is the feedback link to let Apple know how you feel, but I'm not sure we will see a change. They did put out a version of iTunes, identified for business environment of deploying apps, and you can find a link for it here, Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support

I've not triedit, however I had been using iTunes 12.6.2 for even the latest iOS on my iPhone 7, but with the purchase of the iPhone X, I'm ging to either have to download it, or version 12.7.1 to use iTunes for syncing my music.

Nov 17, 2017 9:33 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 20, 2017 7:29 PM in response to pH Factory In response to pH Factory

You're welcome. I can tell you now that since I got my iPhone X that I downloaded iTunes 12.6.3 and it worked just fine with my iPhone X and the management of apps in iTunes. Just thought you might be interested in someone that had tried it.

Nov 20, 2017 7:29 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: pH Factory

Question: What is Apple going to do about iPhone screen management?