Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore from a backup

I suddenly lost all my contacts after I recharged my phone. I know there was a successful backup to iclouds early this morning. How do I restore my contacts from the backup or how do I restore my phone to yesterday’s status Thank you

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 11:00 AM

See the "Restore your device from an iCloud backup" section in:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Just be aware that restore is an all or nothing process. You cannot selectively restore only contacts (for example) and the info on your iPhone between now and when the backup was made will be lost. But from your question, I think you already know that. Also, as an FYI:

Restoring from an iTunes or iCloud backup when a later version of iOS is required - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 11:00 AM in response to Ladylabo

See the "Restore your device from an iCloud backup" section in:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Just be aware that restore is an all or nothing process. You cannot selectively restore only contacts (for example) and the info on your iPhone between now and when the backup was made will be lost. But from your question, I think you already know that. Also, as an FYI:

Restoring from an iTunes or iCloud backup when a later version of iOS is required - Apple Support

Nov 17, 2017 12:42 PM in response to Ladylabo

If you were syncing contacts to iCloud, they won't be part of your backup. If you were syncing, try going to iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser to see if they are there.

Go to iCloud.com using a computer and select Settings. When that page loads, look at the bottom left side under Advanced and see if you can restore from there.

How to Recover Files, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders in iCloud

How do I restore from a backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.