Related Article

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone 7 lost service. restarted iPhone.(error 3) when re-booting from iTunes. stuck.

I tried rebooting my iPhone 7 after it lost service (Verizon). I went through iTunes to update the firmware and it gave me (error (#3) ). ive tried wiping it clean and then restarting it from zero and rebooting multiple ways and it is not letting me work properly. if anyone has an idea to troubleshoot and get it going, that would be great. I have a backup for my phone in iTunes, so im not worried if I need to "restore" from zero. the problem is (error #3) stops me from continuing. I have also tried it in different computers, and the same problem appears.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1, Verizon, a year old

Posted on

Page content loaded

Dec 10, 2017 3:23 PM in response to rzegarra2706 In response to rzegarra2706

I have exactly the same problem -- iPhone 7 with Verizon, service lost so did a restart and then ultimately a factory reset. Have a backup in iTunes but error 3 stops the restore/update from working properly. It is incredibly frustrating. What did you end up doing about it?

Dec 10, 2017 3:23 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 12:59 AM in response to rzegarra2706 In response to rzegarra2706

If you cannot resolve your issue with the steps in

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201210 or

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204770

Then you have a hardware problem and should make a genius bar appointment.

Dec 11, 2017 12:59 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 3:17 AM in response to rzegarra2706 In response to rzegarra2706

Hi

Turn iPhone off Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.7.2

Connect lead to USB on your pc

Press &hold just the power button down on iPhone don't let go Connect lead to iPhone keep power button pressed down until pc sees iPhone Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Dec 11, 2017 3:17 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rzegarra2706

Question: iPhone 7 lost service. restarted iPhone.(error 3) when re-booting from iTunes. stuck.