Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.1.1 Control Center bug - device displays Ringer volume when adjusting Music volume slider

Hi all,

There is a minor bug in iOS 11.1.1's Control Center that I noticed last night concerning the music controls (specifically, the volume slider), whereby sliding the music volume control bar will display the Ringer volume level onscreen if Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringer and Alerts > Change with Buttons is active (green) AND the user has just adjusted the iPhone/iPod ringer volume with either of the side buttons.

If this setting is enabled, and the user has just adjusted the device's ringer volume using the side buttons, the first time he/she opens Control Center to access the music volume slider controls (since using the side buttons) the display will show the ringer level onscreen as the music volume slider is moved left and right. It is important to note that the actual ringer volume remains constant throughout this; it is an incorrect display module appearing when music volume is being adjusted.

Once the user stops sliding the music volume slider (or at least pauses long enough for the Ringer level display box to disappear), the Music volume controls will function as expected.

I've already submitted a bug report through http://www.apple.com/feedback, but curious if there is anyone registered here with the developer program who can replicate this (I discovered on an iPhone 7 Plus) and submitted an official ticket into the beta program. To recap:

1) Enable Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringer and Alerts > Change with Buttons

2) Adjust ringer volume with either side button

3) Swipe up to access Control Center

4) Expand music controls and slide volume control in either direction

The Ringer level box appears at this point in time. I actually waited until after the Ringer level box disappeared before accessing Control Center (plus a good 15 seconds after that) and this behavior still replicates.

Steve

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 11:02 AM

There are no replies.

iOS 11.1.1 Control Center bug - device displays Ringer volume when adjusting Music volume slider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.