Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Remove Annoying MacRumors Banner

I recently joined a forum called MacRumors. Somehow my machine got modified so that I get annoying banner messages. So, I made an attempt to turn off these banners - unchecking the available boxes in the Notifications area of my MacBook - then I got another banner 10 minutes later. grrrrrrr

I want to move every trace of MacRumors from my MacBook Pro. Is that possible? I've attached a screen imageshowing exactly what I wantdeleted.

David

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I believe this should fix it:

Stop receiving notifications from a website: Choose Safari > Preferences, click Websites, then click Notifications. Find the website in the list, then select Deny.

See: Customize website notifications - Apple Support

It is not malware.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 1:18 PM in response to silver_mica In response to silver_mica

Have you tried clicking on the None icon for MacRumors? That will turn off all notifications from that software.

As for removal download and run Malwarebytes. That should get rid of the adware. Another app that can do the same is Etrecheck.

User uploaded file

Nov 17, 2017 1:18 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Nov 17, 2017 1:21 PM in response to silver_mica In response to silver_mica

I believe this should fix it:

Stop receiving notifications from a website: Choose Safari > Preferences, click Websites, then click Notifications. Find the website in the list, then select Deny.

See: Customize website notifications - Apple Support

It is not malware.

Nov 17, 2017 1:21 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: silver_mica

Question: Remove Annoying MacRumors Banner