Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra video issues

Videos on CNET no longer play on Safari after updating to High Sierra.

Copied the same link to chrome and the video played instantly.

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 12:07 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2017 4:00 PM in response to MattDodge6

Hi MattDodge6,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that since updating to macOS High Sierra you're having trouble with Safari playing videos from the CNET site. I know it's important for all website features to work properly in Safari and I'd like to help. First, I'd recommend that you clear recent history from Safari using History > Clear History, then test to see if the same behavior occurs. If so, use these steps to boot into safe mode on your Mac: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If you're able to play video on the website using safe mode, restart your Mac normally and test again. Let me know what you find.

You may also want to use this resource to check any plug-ins you're using in Safari: How to use Internet plug-ins in Safari for Mac

Best Regards.

High Sierra video issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.