Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Bluetooth Issues

I have been having an issue with the iPhone X bluetooth connection in my cars (both are Mercedes) constantly dropping and reconnecting. Apple Support thought it was a hardware issue and replaced the phone however it is not the phone as it is still occurring. Checking on the Mercedes forums I find that I am not the only one with this problem. Has it effected other vehicle brands as well?

Likewise I have found the bluetooth connection to other accessories to be somewhat hit or miss depending on what version of bluetooth the accessory is using. The later versions of bluetooth (version 4.0 and later) seem to be the worst. My Plantronics Edge is weak and distorted on my iPhone X while it is clear on my iPhone SE.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2017 10:56 AM

I have the same issue with my ‘14 350 E. I have tried several things with no success. In the car I deleted all prior phones, my current x, my prior iPhone 7, and my wife’s 7. In the phone I renamed it as iPhone X and repaired it, and took a drive. It lost connection and reconnected at least 10 times in 5 miles! Aweful! I was wearing my watch and it stayed connected. I stopped and renamed the phone again (didn’t unpair) started the car and it stayed connected all the way back home. Is it fixed? No clue, but I have no confidence that it is as I really didn’t do anything substantive. As I’m leaving for our Thanksgiving trip tomorrow I guess I’ll find out.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2017 10:56 AM in response to GStieneke

I have the same issue with my ‘14 350 E. I have tried several things with no success. In the car I deleted all prior phones, my current x, my prior iPhone 7, and my wife’s 7. In the phone I renamed it as iPhone X and repaired it, and took a drive. It lost connection and reconnected at least 10 times in 5 miles! Aweful! I was wearing my watch and it stayed connected. I stopped and renamed the phone again (didn’t unpair) started the car and it stayed connected all the way back home. Is it fixed? No clue, but I have no confidence that it is as I really didn’t do anything substantive. As I’m leaving for our Thanksgiving trip tomorrow I guess I’ll find out.

iPhone X Bluetooth Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.