Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Sound Issue

When using the facetime camera to import/record a video in iMovie, the sound will sometimes stop recording about 30 seconds before the video ends. I cannot figure out why this has started to happen, it never used to but in the last couple months it seems to be happening more often.

The sound and video are great for almost the entire video, until the last 20-30 seconds. Then, although the video still plays/records, with people moving their lips and all, the sound just ends prematurely. If the visual is still recording, I do not understand why the audio would stop since they should be tied together? Does anyone know why this may be happening or what I can do to fix it?

If I view the sound waves in the video, you can see the abrupt end. Any help is appreciated!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.1), Kensington PilotMouse Optical

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 12:47 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2017 3:05 PM in response to debannesham

Intermittent issues like this are hard to find solutions for. Are you using the built in mic? Check the settings in your audio preferences in system preferences. The only suggestion I would offer based on what you have said would be to delete preferences in iMovie. Don't know if this will help given the intermittence of your problem. Launch iMovie holding down the command and option keys and select delete preferences. Then open a library and see if the issue continues. Just another thought. Do you have any problem with voiceovers dropping out?

iMovie Sound Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.