Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preordered a song didn’t come when it was released

I preordered Chris Stapletons album and a song came out today and it shows i have it but won’t let me listen to it

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 1:00 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2017 6:22 PM in response to Reesa17

Hello Reesa17,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to download content that you pre-ordered from the iTunes Store. To help with this issue, please follow these steps from this resource on your situation.

If you can download songs from the album immediately

Some pre-order albums include songs that you can buy before the album officially releases.

• If you buy a song after you pre-order an album, the price you pay for the album when it releases lowers by the cost of the song.
  • If you buy a song before you pre-order an album, the pre-order price lowers to reflect the fact that you've already bought one or more songs off the album.

User uploaded file

Download a pre-order

When your pre-ordered item releases, your order completes and the payment method that you have on file in the iTunes Store is billed. You'll receive an email letting you know that your pre-order is ready to download. Click or tap the link in the email to download your item.

If you have Automatic Downloads turned on, the item automatically appears in the Purchased section of your account. If your items don't download automatically, you can download them from your purchase history.

If you don't see a pre-order that you expect to see, check for available downloads in iTunes on a Mac or PC:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Check For Available Downloads.

Pre-order music and movies from the iTunes Store

Cheers!

Preordered a song didn’t come when it was released

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.