Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Don't see option for VIP-only mail notifications

There's supposedly a way to restrict mail notifications on the watch to VIP-only. Articles to this effect show this as an option in the iPhone Watch app. However, I don't see it.

This photo (from an online article) shows the VIP option. My Watch app shows the options for individual accounts only.

Using WatchOS 4.1

Help appreciated!

Mike

User uploaded file

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

The VIP setting applies to messages received via your iCloud mail account from VIP senders.

To customise settings for any other mail accounts:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > Mail > tap on the account.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 20, 2017 8:22 AM in response to Jonathan UK In response to Jonathan UK

Thanks Jonathan. Followup question: does it only apply to the iCloud Mail account?

In other words, will non-VIP emails received by non-iCloud email accounts trigger a notification, even if this option is on?

Mike

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 18, 2017 1:40 AM in response to MichaelGShapiro In response to MichaelGShapiro

Hi

The option for customising alerts from VIP senders is only available when using iCloud Mail.

To enable iCloud Mail:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > tap on your name / Apple ID > iCloud - turn on Mail.

More information:

Nov 18, 2017 1:40 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 20, 2017 8:22 AM in response to Jonathan UK In response to Jonathan UK

Thanks Jonathan. Followup question: does it only apply to the iCloud Mail account?

In other words, will non-VIP emails received by non-iCloud email accounts trigger a notification, even if this option is on?

Mike

Nov 20, 2017 8:22 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Solved

Nov 20, 2017 8:22 AM in response to MichaelGShapiro In response to MichaelGShapiro

The VIP setting applies to messages received via your iCloud mail account from VIP senders.

To customise settings for any other mail accounts:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > Mail > tap on the account.

Nov 20, 2017 8:22 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: MichaelGShapiro

Question: Don't see option for VIP-only mail notifications