Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I currently ordered an iPhone X via online Apple store using my Apple ID. My brother also ordered his (same specs), but using his Apple ID. Does it really matter what phone we take when they arrive?

In other words does it matter if I take his with a different model number and serial number than the one on my invoice and him taking mine (will later usage, warranty,using Apple store app get affected?) thank you

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

It could cause complications later. Why, since you both ordered the same phone, are you and your brother thinking about taking the other's phone in the first place? Why not just take the one you ordered as yours and your brother take the phone he ordered as his?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 1:48 PM in response to Rodolphe. In response to Rodolphe.

Usage not so much, but there are certain situations that require a valid proof of purchase with a matching serial number that would cause issues later on down the line. Specifically if you get an activation lock you'll have problems. It also makes a difference on your carrier's end.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 1:48 PM in response to Rodolphe. In response to Rodolphe.

Usage not so much, but there are certain situations that require a valid proof of purchase with a matching serial number that would cause issues later on down the line. Specifically if you get an activation lock you'll have problems. It also makes a difference on your carrier's end.

Nov 17, 2017 1:48 PM

Reply Helpful (2)
Question marked as Solved

Nov 17, 2017 2:16 PM in response to Rodolphe. In response to Rodolphe.

It could cause complications later. Why, since you both ordered the same phone, are you and your brother thinking about taking the other's phone in the first place? Why not just take the one you ordered as yours and your brother take the phone he ordered as his?

Nov 17, 2017 2:16 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 2:37 PM in response to rbrylawski In response to rbrylawski

rbrylawski wrote:

Says the man with personal experience.....

Nov 17, 2017 2:37 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 3:17 PM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

rbrylawski wrote:

Says the man with personal experience.....

Yep. OP, just wait till you get back. I did much the same thing and it's causing warranty issues, so when the 2nd phone arrives Monday, I'll be taking the first one back to factory reset and setting it back up under the right phone number, which is going to be a pain in the rump.

Nov 17, 2017 3:17 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Rodolphe.

Question: I currently ordered an iPhone X via online Apple store using my Apple ID. My brother also ordered his (same specs), but using his Apple ID. Does it really matter what phone we take when they arrive?