Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Imac migration with two users and multiple disks

Hi,

I have a mid 2011 IMac with an SSD and 2TB HDD. I’ve two users, but the user data is on the HDD. My new IMac just has a single 2TB fusion drive. I‘m at a loss as to the best approach to moving across. I did setup the new one with my current user, but a migration from Time Machine only shows the SSD backup and doesn’t restore the other user. Can I do it with the Migration Assistant, or do I do it the hard way and go manually.

thanks in advance.

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Just to close this off. I found that formatting the new disc, installing the OS and doing the migration before creating any users did work correctly.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 2:40 PM in response to rkaufmann87 In response to rkaufmann87

That's what I tried, and it didn't work. It only brought over stuff related to me, applications and other files, but nothing from the 'old' 2TB HDD. Tried running it again to see if the old drive would show, but still just the SSD.

Nov 17, 2017 2:40 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Nov 24, 2017 12:39 AM in response to rjm67 In response to rjm67

Just to close this off. I found that formatting the new disc, installing the OS and doing the migration before creating any users did work correctly.

Nov 24, 2017 12:39 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rjm67

Question: Imac migration with two users and multiple disks