Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving sorting parameters

macOS 10.12.6, Numbers ver.4.3.1

Is there a way to save spreadsheet sorting parameters? (I believe that they are called "VIEWS" in Windows.)

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Late 2009, Intel Core i7, 24 GB RAM

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 2:52 PM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2017 4:23 AM in response to Ozfever

No way directly in the interface. It is possible to have a script that would sort in a particular way, and whenever you need that, you would make a choice from your menu to get the sort you want.

However, given Numbers design, which is centered around smaller, discrete tables rather than big expanses of cells like in Excel, there should rarely be a need for a solution like that.

Can you give more specifics of what you are trying to do?

SG

Nov 18, 2017 6:57 AM in response to SGIII

Thanks for the reply.

I manage a table of Contacts for an HOA (20 col x 130 row). I make a subset of the table available to our HOA Board (hide columns), another subset to our members (sorted by LastName/FirstName also by Street/Number), a subset showing new owners (filtering), etc. Numbers is more than capable except for no option to save my different “views”. Filemaker is too expensive and complicated for my needs.

Cheers - Jeff

Nov 18, 2017 9:09 AM in response to Ozfever

Hi Jeff,

Yes I can see how in that scenario it would be convenient to be able to save your different views.

If you do this very often and the data is different each time, then it is possible to script this. If you only do it once a month or quarter then the manual approach may not be too burdensome.

You can give feedback to Apple via Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback in your menu.

SG

saving sorting parameters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.