Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Apple Music app no longer functioning properly?

A couple days ago, I updated my iPhone with the latest update and ever since then my music has not been functioning properly. It will continuously skip through songs, play them faster, or randomly pause/play songs. I noticed the same problem with my pandora app. I’m wondering if it could be my head phones. I have the iPhone 7.

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 2:02 PM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2017 10:28 AM in response to Julesgibbons22

Hey there, Julesgibbons22.

I see that the Music application and a third-party application aren't working as expected. Some songs are skipped, play too fast, or unexpectedly pause or play a song. I'm happy to help.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close both the Music application and Pandora if they're open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open -- If restarting your phone didn't resolve the issue, follow the steps in this article for the Pandora application.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your phone didn't resolve the issue, you can offload the Music application, then reinstall it again. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, scroll to the Music application and tap "Offload App". Once the application has been removed, reinstall it again and test.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Why is my Apple Music app no longer functioning properly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.