Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.
It seems like you've noticed a crackling sound on your iPhone 8 that is isolated to the YouTube app. Be sure to try the following steps from
If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support. Even though this issue differs from the symptoms mentioned in the title of the article, the following steps can still help:
Close the app and open it again.
Turn your device off and back on.
- Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
- Open the App Store and tap Updates.
- If updates are available, tap Update All.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password.
You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.
- Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
- Tap the on the app.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the App Store and download the app again.
- Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.
If you see this issue again, contact the app developer for help:
- Find the app in the App Store.
- Tap the app, then tap Reviews.
- Underneath App Store Customer Reviews, tap App Support.
All the best.