Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes stuck on synching artwork Step 6 of 6

Just got the iPhone X and used icloud backup to transfer all my materials etc. to new phone. Almost everything was seamless except none of my photo albums transferred over. (I do not use icloud photo library).

I reconnected the iPhone via USB to just synch the photos and after 5 of 6 steps, it gets stuck at ARTWORK Step 6 of 6 for hours ( I left it overnight) and woke up to same step.

Have tried both restore from icloud and from computer and the photos will not upload. During the synch process, the photo album titles appear, but there is a "0" underneath indicating no photos are within each album. I have around 2,000 photos and plenty of space on the phone, so not really sure what is causing this other than a major headache...

I never had this problem with any of my previous upgrades from phone to phone.

Any input or assistance is greatly appreciated!

iPhone X, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 2:22 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2017 4:29 PM in response to PME9294377

Important for the backup over iTunes is to be careful that if you did a backup from an old iPhone where the iOS was already lets say 11.1.1 and you did buy the iPhone X and you did not update it yet then the iOS on the iPhone X is not on the same level or higher then the one in the backup.

The backup has to be the same iOS or lower then the iPhone X

And maybe have a look at this :

If your iTunes backup couldn't be completed or you can't restore from a backup - Apple Support

If you have an other PC you could try to do the backup on that pc and try to restore from the backup from that PC

itunes stuck on synching artwork Step 6 of 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.