Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch

I just got a IPod Touch 128GB. I’ve loaded music on it but when I play from library, album or songs it plays one song then repeats it. It won’t advance to next song. Even when I pick shuffle it won’t advance to next song. How do I set it up to advance?

iPod touch, iOS 11.1, OS 11.1.2

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 2:26 PM

2 replies

Nov 18, 2017 3:38 PM in response to dburch45

Hello dburch45,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with the Music app on your iPod touch. If you haven't already, please force close the Music app and then restart your iPod touch as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Then check the repeat and shuffle settings in the Now Playing screen in the Music app.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Can’t get enough of that one song? Here’s where Shuffle and Repeat are located in @AppleMusic.
Play music - iPod touch User Guide

Cheers!

Nov 19, 2017 2:31 AM in response to dburch45

Turn off the Repeat function.

The Repeat button is to the right of the Shuffle button, so it's impossible to not see it. However, the Repeat function toggles between three states, Repeat, and then Repeat 1 and then Off. So if it was on repeat, just tapping it once would put it into Repeat 1 mode (repeat the same song). Tap it again to turn it off. The button is red when it's on, and grey when it's off. Just like the Shuffle button.

iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.