Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I migrate photos back to aperture

Can I migrate photos back to Aperture, life is too short for me to waite while Apple sorts Photos out!

Has anybody noticed how many updates iTunes has,is it because it's a money stream?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 3:11 PM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2017 12:19 AM in response to Caillebotte

No you can not go backwards - you can export from Phots and import into Aperture but it is a really bad idea as Aperture is a dead product and works less well with each OS release and some day will totally stop working

What specific issues do you have with Photos? It is very well "sorted Out" now but is not a professional program and is not intended to be one

LN

Nov 18, 2017 12:58 AM in response to LarryHN

I an talking about Photos using HighSierra,here is a sample of the problems other users are having:-

Photos in High Sierra Crashing when Editing

Fair Dinkum. Loaded the recent update to High Sierra. Now I can't edit photos in Photos or PSE. Everything slows down to a time warp. I have to go out and borrow somebody's laptop, because I'm trying to do a project. Very humiliating. I guess one day Apple will fix this, and then life will go on. But it's a bit dramatic when it slows PSE down as well.

When I export an image from the edit panel to another editor on reimporting the file, Photos crashes.

3 out of 5 Macs I tested at Apple stores when exporting a sample image to Markup crashed when I did a similar test.

The same problem was on a senior Mac expert's Mac who was trying to help me.

There are many horror stories on this forum about Photos.

Nov 18, 2017 1:54 AM in response to Caillebotte

There are many horror stories on this forum about Photos.

there sure are - because that is the only reason people come here - like a hospital emergency - not the place to judge the general health of a population

Photos works extremely well and if you want to solve your specific issues then it can be done but you have to be intelligent about it and post revelant details and questions, not off the wall crazy things like you are

again you can not migrate back but you can export and go back or go to any other program like LightRoom or others

And you probably can resolve yoru Photos issues if you want to - but the wayyou are going about it will ntoresolve anything

LN

can I migrate photos back to aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.