Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Connecting New iMac Retina to NEC Display

I have a new iMac Retina and would like to connect my older NEC P221W display as a second display for photo image processing. The NEC has both DVI & sub-D ports. Of course the iMac has Thunderbolt 3 & USB ports. What would be the recommended way to connect the second display to the iMac? Thank you for your help

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

About Thunderbolt ports and displays - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 18, 2017 5:44 AM in response to kitjv In response to kitjv

I might add to my last post that apparently both a Thunderbolt-to-DVI adapter & a USB-C-to-DVI adapter are available. Is one of these preferable? Thank you.

Nov 18, 2017 5:44 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 25, 2017 7:06 PM in response to kitjv In response to kitjv

Hopefully someone can offer me some help. I connected my new iMac to an NEC MultiSync P221W display via a DVI-to-Thunderbolt cable. The NEC display screen remains blacked out. However, when I go to System Preferences>Displays, the NEC display is recognized. I'm stumped.

Nov 25, 2017 7:06 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 26, 2017 6:48 AM in response to kitjv In response to kitjv

Regarding the previous post, i resolved the problem by connecting the second display to the iMac & then restarted. However, a couple of related issues have occurred. But I will deal with those (if necessary) in a separate post. Thank you.

Nov 26, 2017 6:48 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: kitjv

Question: Connecting New iMac Retina to NEC Display