Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get "request timed out" or continued buffering in about 5 second intervals when connecting to Home Sharing files.

I have my video and music archives on my iMac and have enabled Home Sharing through iTunes. When I try to play either music or videos from my iPad or iPhone I get either an error saying the request timed out or on the few times things do try to play the files buffer continually and I'm only able to watch/listen to about 5 seconds at a time. I have the latest version of iTunes installed on all of my devices. Any thoughts???

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 2:33 PM

1 reply

I get "request timed out" or continued buffering in about 5 second intervals when connecting to Home Sharing files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.