Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I get "request timed out" or continued buffering in about 5 second intervals when connecting to Home Sharing files.

I have my video and music archives on my iMac and have enabled Home Sharing through iTunes. When I try to play either music or videos from my iPad or iPhone I get either an error saying the request timed out or on the few times things do try to play the files buffer continually and I'm only able to watch/listen to about 5 seconds at a time. I have the latest version of iTunes installed on all of my devices. Any thoughts???

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 20, 2017 6:48 PM in response to jb85024 In response to jb85024

Hello jb85024,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with using Home Sharing on your devices. To help resolve this issue, please follow the steps in this resource on your situation.

Get help with Home Sharing for iTunes libraries

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2017 6:48 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jb85024

Question: I get "request timed out" or continued buffering in about 5 second intervals when connecting to Home Sharing files.