Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Youtube music playback clicking bottom speaker

This is highly annoying. If I try to play a music video on youtube I get a clicking sound coming from the bottom speaker! If I play music through Music there is no issue. This is happening for multiple music videos on youtube and is really annoying. This happens on the Youtube app as well as through Safari!

iPhone 8, iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 3:36 PM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2017 11:35 AM in response to crest78

Greetings, crest78.

I see that you're hearing distorted sound when using the YouTube application and Safari when you play videos through either. I'm happy to help.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close the YouTube application and Safari if they're open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open -- If restarting your phone didn't resolve the issue, follow the steps in this article for the YouTube application Even though the title of this article isn't quite what you're experiencing, the steps provided can help.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Since Safari is a native application which can't be removed, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your phone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once your phone has returned to the Home screen.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Nov 21, 2017 7:48 AM in response to crest78

Thank you for getting back to us with that information, crest78. Since even restoring your iPhone 8 to factory settings hasn't resolved the issue, we'd like for you to get in touch with Apple Support.

Contact - Official Apple Support -- Apple Support can troubleshoot this issue further with you and supply you with your service options if necessary. You can get support by phone or chat, set up a repair, or make a Genius Bar reservation for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, and more.

Find Locations -- You can also locate the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider if you'd rather. Make sure the country you're located in is showing on the top-right corner. If it isn't, click it and choose the correct one.

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service -- In case service is called for, before you take or send your iPhone 8 in, make sure it's ready for service.

Best regards.

iPhone 8 Youtube music playback clicking bottom speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.