Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra: external display on MacBook pro extremely slow -- unusable

So, I have upgraded to High Sierra on my late 2015 MBP Retina. Ever since I am having massive issues with external displays (Dell P2715Q). The display is connected via display port (HDMI has its own issues now). The setting worked extremely smooth before the upgrade.

Here are the symptoms: When connecting the display, the machine slows down massively. Within about five minutes it is unusable. First graphics get really sluggish and then the machine virtually comes to a full stop. When disconnecting the external display, things get back to normal petty much straight away.

The MBP has both an Intel Iris Pro and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M. I have Cuda drivers installed (v9.0.222 -- seemingly the most recent one even though the system preferences pane seems to think differently [red exclamation mark; but I could not find anything newer for this platform on the NVIDIA site]. Mac OS is up to date.

I have reset VRAM (PRAM) and SMC and restarted the machine. To no avail. At the moment I cannot use an external display -- which is very disappointing.

Does anyone else have similar issues or maybe even a work around / solution? Hello Apple?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), iOS 11.1, null

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 3:39 PM

There are no replies.

High Sierra: external display on MacBook pro extremely slow -- unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.