Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Applications all gone after re-installation

I had the Apple Store wipe my system and reinstall sierra. I had high sierra before but didn’t like it. My computer shows?‘s on the dock where my application she used to be. When I go to Finder under applications there’s nothing there. I am even looking at my Time Machine back ups and it shows nothing under applications. how can this be and how do I get my applications back ?

I have a MacBook Air

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 7:54 PM in response to Chris Milligan In response to Chris Milligan

Clarification question - if you go to the Applications folder, there are no applications?

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart) and select Recovery Volume. Run Disk Utility and select First Aid. Then re-install the OS.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

Nov 17, 2017 7:54 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 18, 2017 7:55 AM in response to Chris Milligan In response to Chris Milligan

Try reinstalling the OS. If that doesn't work, try Internet Recovery.

Try booting into Internet Recovery (command - option/alt - R on a restart). It is a slow process. This will install the OS that the computer shipped with. You can then try to upgrade from there.

Nov 18, 2017 7:55 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Chris Milligan

Question: Applications all gone after re-installation