Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Photos

is there anyone out there who knows how to copy photos and videos from Photos, so i can work with non Apple devices. I want to have a copy of all pics and videos i shoot, on an external hdd. So far copy and drag or whatever else that has been suggested has failed for me. Thank you.

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 17, 2017 4:12 PM in response to bobzodiak In response to bobzodiak

Hi,

Select the images you want to copy, pull down the File menu and choose Export...

User uploaded file

You can make some basic changes to file formats and then you'll get a folder selection dialog asking you where you want to place the exported files, in which you should be able to choose the external drive.

Hope it helps,

H

Nov 17, 2017 4:12 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 4:53 PM in response to Terence Devlin In response to Terence Devlin

Thanks Terence. That was the first thing i tried. Slow like a tortoise and finally it came up with an error message. Apple should try harder to help its users move files. Copying files from iPhone to photos is fast but it is a torture getting them out of photos! i'm not talking about copying 1 at a time.

Nov 17, 2017 4:53 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 11:47 PM in response to bobzodiak In response to bobzodiak

Simple - Select the photos and export (file menu ==> export) using the desired options and to the desired location

Drag and drop is not an option and gives you a lower resolution photos with limited metadata - any one who suggested that does not know how to use Photos

LN

Nov 17, 2017 11:47 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 18, 2017 12:00 AM in response to bobzodiak In response to bobzodiak

That was the first thing i tried. Slow like a tortoise and finally it came up with an error message. Apple should try harder to help its users move files.

Actually they do, and it's pretty straightforward. What's the error message? Sounds likes your library is damaged.

Nov 18, 2017 12:00 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: bobzodiak

Question: Photos