Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi everyone. Can I back up my old iphone 4 wirelessly on to my itune/pc without using icloud? By the way, i have the latest possible os 7 in my phone and itune latest version 12

I am trying to back up my iphone 4 to my itune for the last time so I could restore my new iphone 8 from that back up !!!! I have set up my new iphone 8 and tried using the backed up data from my iphone 4 and partially succeeded as new phone is working but my apps have not been transfered for some reason!!!??? I cant find my iphone apps within the itune either. Seem as apps never been backed up at the first place. I am new to itune 12 too and thought if I could back up once more hopefully using a different method ( wirelessly as oppose to usb cable) maybe this time I see somewhere in my itune trace of my iphone 4 apps and an option to back them up too for my iphone 8 complete set up. Here there is lots of problems with international politics and sanctions plus expensive metered internet that puts me off trying to download all my old apps from apple app shop!!!! Sorry for the lenght of my question. Thanks in advance for your time in thinking/ trying to help me

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 5:39 PM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2017 6:35 AM in response to Gratefull1

I don’t know for sure but I can’t imagine that an iOS 7 backup could be compatible with iOS 11. iCloud would be the easiest way to bring your data and apps to your new device.

Apple removed the app section in iTunes recently so you are forced to use the AppStore or iCloud on your iPhone - I am sorry for you.

May I ask where you are from?

greetings 🙂

Hi everyone. Can I back up my old iphone 4 wirelessly on to my itune/pc without using icloud? By the way, i have the latest possible os 7 in my phone and itune latest version 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.