Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceID attempts exceeded

I’m having issues with FaceID on iPhone my new iPhone. FaceID works great until the first time when a face authentication fails (ie when my face isn’t lined up with the phone, etc). After the first failure, I’m no longer able to use FaceID to login, even after re-entering my psscode. Instead I’m presented with a messaging saying that FaceID attempts have been exceeded even after re-entering my passcode. The only way I’ve been able to renewable FaceID is to restart my iPhone. Even resetting FaceID doesn’t work because the camera doesn’t recognize my face during the enrollment process until I reboot the phone.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 7:34 PM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2017 4:14 PM in response to ferrellkj

Same here. I have tried everything, including DFU + iTunes and reinstalling iOS.

Tried with setting up as new iPhone and with backup.

The issue started with iOS 11.1.1, than 11.1.2, I even tried to fix it with 11.2 public beta - nothing works.

I have to restart my iPhone X 50 times a day to make Face ID work...

Apple can you help us? I don't want to unlock my phone like i did in 2008 with iPhone 3G ;(

FaceID attempts exceeded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.