Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new phone didn't bring in current info

iPhone 7 quit finding carrier signals (everything else was working fine) so I bought an 8. I backed up the old phone to iTunes before setting up new one. After all was said and done, new phone only had apps, pictures, texts, etc. up to the time when I bought the 7 and nothing from the 14 months or so while I actually used the 7.

Any thoughts on how to get those missing months back? Thanks

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 9:23 PM

John Howley wrote:

I backed up the old phone to iTunes before setting up new one.

Did you restore this backup to the iPhone 8? You did not mention it, so I assume you did not.

Restoring this backup will lose any information you placed on the iPhone 8 since purchasing it. Since you said:

John Howley wrote:

new phone only had apps, pictures, texts, etc. up to the time when I bought the 7 and nothing from the 14 months or so while I actually used the 7.

... it sounds like you restored the incorrect backup ... from some iOS device you had before the iPhone 7.

Note iTunes 12.7 or greater is required to interact with iOS 11.X.Y.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 9:23 PM in response to John Howley

John Howley wrote:

I backed up the old phone to iTunes before setting up new one.

Did you restore this backup to the iPhone 8? You did not mention it, so I assume you did not.

Restoring this backup will lose any information you placed on the iPhone 8 since purchasing it. Since you said:

John Howley wrote:

new phone only had apps, pictures, texts, etc. up to the time when I bought the 7 and nothing from the 14 months or so while I actually used the 7.

... it sounds like you restored the incorrect backup ... from some iOS device you had before the iPhone 7.

Note iTunes 12.7 or greater is required to interact with iOS 11.X.Y.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

new phone didn't bring in current info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.