Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refund

I bought an IPhone 7 Plus two months ago. It had problems with the phone disconnecting or the person on the other end couldn’t hear me . I took the phone to the Apple store. The technician reinstalled the software ware. I brought the phone home but the problem existed. I took the phone back to the store and this time they took my phone and the technician brought another phone in a white thin box, took the SIM card out of my phone and inserted to the so called new phone. Right there I asked if that phone was refurbished and he denied that. I didn’t believe that and asked the store manger if they were giving me a refurbished phone. He also ademently denied that. I had no choice but to take a new phone and come home. I am very upset because the staff lied to me as I did get a refurbished one. Also I don’t like to have a second hand phone when I just spend around $700 for a phone less than two months ago and I didn’t do anything to cause a damage to the phone. I really want a refund so I can buy a phone from another company. What do you advise?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 9:45 PM

9 replies

Nov 17, 2017 9:49 PM in response to Lzainali

The refund period is 14 days. Warranty states the device can be refurbished, which also carries the balance of the original warranty. It isn't second hand, it has been completely redone, and actually is tested more vigorously than a new phone is. You cannot really tell the difference between the two. All parts have been tested and replaced as necessary. A two month old phone is not new either. Read your warranty. If you dislike the iPhone that much, sell it, and use the proceeds to purchase a phone "from another company".

Nov 18, 2017 6:17 AM in response to from0toHero

from0toHero wrote:

Dear Lz apple dont repair any mobiles anymore. The device you got was a new device. Not a retail box device, a exchange device totaly new.

That is not accurate information. It may be new but it also may be remanufactured. However, as they are indistinguishable, it doesn't really matter.

And, yes, they do sometimes do repairs. They replaced a speaker in my iPhone 6. They repair screens. They replace batteries.

Nov 18, 2017 9:56 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris.

You are right about the $ and I had the same thought as you.

But we have to advise with all countries in mind if the question header could be multi-national.

You can't imagine how hard I have tried to get the national flag put against the origin of the questioner. Why? Because many of them quote $ when in fact there are 25 countries who use dollars that are not US. Such a simple need.

Refund

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.