Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Kindle not working after latest update

The last update to my iPad Air 2 messed up the keyboard appearance (lower case letters smaller, and upper case ones take up more space on the key), and made the Kindle forget where I left off. I just see a blank white screen. I deleted the Kindle app and reloaded. It seemed to work for a week or so. Now it's back to the white screen after every interruption in my reading. How do I fix this, and/or reverse the update, or even change the keyboard appearance? In Settings/General it says my version is iOS 11.0.3. I can't see any history of updates. It happened about 5 weeks ago.

Thanks for any suggestions or help you can give.

Jan

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 18, 2017 4:04 PM in response to Janpack In response to Janpack

Hi. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about the iOS 11 keyboard changes. You can turn off Settings > General > Keyboard > Enable Key Flicks, which may help a little.

I'm surprised about the Kindle. You've already re-installed it. Maybe check for a new update.

Also, you could try updating iOS to the current version 11.1.2, which might include some fixes.

Nov 18, 2017 4:04 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 12, 2018 6:10 PM in response to Janpack In response to Janpack

I'm back again, after having version 11.1.2 in here over a month. I've gotten used to the keyboard, but Kindle is still acting up. Whenever I turn it off, or it times out and goes dark, I return to a blank white page. I have to minimize (see all open screens), delete the Kindle session, then re-choose it. It either returns to right where I left off, or goes to the Kindle library, where I can see what I'm reading on top, and go right in. Another side effect, is that once I'm done reading a book, it shows one or two dots in the progress of what I've read. The latest, long one I read shows none (like I didn't read it). There is no way to edit it and mark it "read", and the book is way too long to flick through the pages trying to make it that way.

I just looked for updates and installed the latest 11.2.2. Went into settings, trying once again to delete and reinstall Kindle, or check for updates. No way I can see to do this. Checked Kindle, and still have white page. Next turned off ipad and restarted. Same thing.

Any more ideas? I'm really a Windows/Android gal, so don't know how to do as much stuff in the ipad settings as I do my other devices.

Thanks, Jan

Jan 12, 2018 6:10 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Janpack

Question: Kindle not working after latest update