Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstall program from 2nd user

While I was away, my hubby installed the game "roblox" on my son's login on our iMac running OS Sierra. I need to uninstall it because I hate this game and wish it never existed. I can't seem to find it on the admin user which is me and I have full access. On my son's log in, there is a lot of limited access. I can't even remove the icon from the task bar. It doesn't appear in the applications list. Where is it? How do I get rid of it? What can I look for?

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:54 PM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2017 10:39 PM in response to mamasnowwolf

According to https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203312980 it's a fairly simple uninstall, unlike some.

In your son's login, Command -clicking on the Dock (Task bar) icon should open a Finder window showing the application, from where you can delete it. You can probably also prohibit that app from System Preferences - Parental Controls, assuming they are enabled for his account (probably, since you mention limited access & can't change the Dock).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Failing that, and presuming some urgency … You might get a copy of Find any File , enter the search term, then hold the alt/option key when clicking the Find button.

You should be asked to provide an admin name & password.

On default settings, it should show you every file or folder with your search term in the name, in any User or other folder on the computer, and allow you to trash or delete immediately, with a ctrl-click on one or more results in the list. Take care here : you may not be asked again for an admin name/pass, and although you can 'put back' from the Trash, 'Delete Immediately' is final. Only remove what the uninstall instructions say, not every last mention of it.

That will leave the Dock icon in his account, but it won't work.

Uninstall program from 2nd user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.