Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone X can not activate cell service.

My iPhone X can not activate cell service. Asks for billing zip and last 4 ss# then after I input them, I get an error message saying “AT&T was unable to verify your identity“ Anybody have a fix?

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:58 PM

4 replies

Nov 21, 2017 4:19 AM in response to sberman

AT&T cannot help. They are unable to do anything that fixes the issue. My phone shows it's activated and 100% fine on their end. But, I can't get past the Activation screen where you have to enter your zip and last 4 of your ss#. I have another iPhone X on my account that set up just fine with the same information being entered. This definitely looks like an issue on Apple side with authenticating the entered info with AT&T. I was on the phone with a Senior Advisor for an hour and he added an AT&T person to the call and another 1/2 hour later, still not resolution. Both the AT&T rep and the Senior Advisor hung up on me while they were "working on it".

Back with iPhone 6, there were several hundred people with this issue that were told they had to go to an Apple Store and get it swapped for a new phone to fix the issue. Others were told to enter 00000 for zip and 0000 for ss#. I tried the 0's and that didn't work for me. I'm heading to an Apple Store today to see what happens. Right now it's a $1400 paperweight.

Nov 22, 2017 1:27 PM in response to curtis1130

I got my new iPhone on Monday. I’m still stuck in the ”AT&T cannot verify” zip ssn loop.

8 calls to AT&T, 6 to 80p my iPhone.

AT&T has activated my iPhone X. It is in my list of supported devices on my data plan. But now the old iPhone doesn’t work either.

Engineering has the fix I was told by email . But no call back from Apple to give me the fix. Waiting by the land line with no life outside the house.

Im very disappointed in my new $1000 phone. 😟

My iPhone X can not activate cell service.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.