Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would you recommend calibrating the battery of a brand new iPad Pro (2017 model)...?

I just purchased a brand new iPad Pro this week — I am wondering if Battery calibration is still something Apple recommends...? I am already aware of the once a month “recycling calibration” method, so I am specifically asking if there is a recommended calibration for when the device is only a few days old.

My Device:

• iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd Gen, 2017 model) — 256GB
  • iOS 11.1.1 (updating to iOS 11.1.2, by the time you have read this)
  • purchased 3 days ago (11/15/2017)
  • Charger: 12W power adapter + Lightning cable (both included with purchase)

P.S. : This is kind of related question... I am considered buying the “29W USB-C Power Adapter” & “USB-C to Lightning Cable” from the Apple Store so that I can take advantage of the iPad Pro’s Fast-Charge support. I see this feature widely advertised for the iPhone 8 & iPhone X, but I don’t see nearly as much mention of fast-charge support when it comes to the iPad Pro. Is there a reason that it is not mentioned anywhere on Apple’s product page for the iPad Pro(s) - like it doesn’t work as well as advertised or anything like that? Just want to make sure it really works before I shell out another $70 bucks for the genuine Apple charging accessories.

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:42 PM

1 reply

Would you recommend calibrating the battery of a brand new iPad Pro (2017 model)...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.