Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Issues

What do I do when I receive this error message "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone “A's iPhone” because an error occurred while reading from the device." I have an iPhone 6 plus and an iMac running iOS X

I also get this error message when I try to sync my photo's "Photos in the camera roll of "A's iPhone" cannot be imported because the device is locked with a passcode. You much unlock the device to import them." My iphone does not have a passcode and I have updated itunes, and my iphone is updated to the latest ios.

HELP! Thank you!

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 8:53 PM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2017 11:30 AM in response to Adri422

Adri422 wrote:

But when I check for updates it says everything is current.

There is a huge difference in Apple-speak between "updates" and "upgrades". An update loads the latest software that can run on your major OS X (or MacOS) version. OS X 10.7, Lion, was updated to OS X 10.7.5, which was released in Sept. 2012. Later came OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), MacOS 10.11 (El Capitan), MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), and MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra).

Other software, such as iTunes and iPhoto will similarly be capped when checking for updates at the highest available version that can run under your major operating system version.

The bottom line is you have missed out on five years' worth of updates/upgrades. You should not do this again.

And you have not told us the age of your particular iMac hardware. It may or may not be upgradeable.

If it is:

Upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Official Apple Support

So basically it would need to be from 2009 or later, and be running at least Mountain Lion, which you would need to purchase and install.

Nov 18, 2017 12:25 AM in response to Adri422

Yes, I think that covers everything, and it indicates the reason for your problem.

You are using some very old Mac software.

iOS 11 requires at least iTunes 12.7. (Current is 12.7.1.) iTunes 12.7 requires some version of OS X 10.10 as I recall (10.10.5??). Current is MacOS 10.13.1.

So you’re way behind, and that’s a problem.

And iPhoto hasn’t been updated by Apple since Photos was introduced into OS X about 2½ years ago.

Syncing Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.