Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SpaceAndDeleteKeyNotWorking

So,asyoucantellmyspacekeyisnotworking.Neitheristhedeletekey.Also,theuprightanddo wnarrowkeysdontworkeither...alongwiththeapostrophiekey.Abitofbackground:Isweatpr ofuselywhenusingthekeyboardbuhaveneverher*hadthisproblembefore.Iwasplayingacerta ingamebeforethisprobelmhappened(andIsuusallysweatmorewhenpa*playinggames)butonly touchedthecxzandarrowkeys.nowherenearthedeletebutton!Andbeforeanywo*anyoneasks,t hislinkdidnthelpatall:

One or more keys on the keyboard do not respond

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1381.

MacBook Air, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 8:14 PM

Hey there, usernamewasalreadytaken.

I see that the keyboard of your MacBook Air isn't working as you expect. The space bar and delete key aren't working. I'm happy to help.

Apple - Support - Product Selection -- Since you found the appropriate article to troubleshoot this issue with, I suggest you contact Apple Support. They will be able to troubleshoot this issue further with you and supply you with all of your service options if needed.

Find Locations -- You can also locate the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider if you'd rather. Make sure the country you're located in is showing on the top-right corner. If it isn't, click it and choose the correct one.

How to back up your Mac -- Before you take or send your MacBook Air in, please be certain you have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Some product repairs may involve replacing your computer's hard drive, and some may not. If your hard drive contains sensitive or confidential data, read on for some suggestions on how to keep that data secure.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2017 8:14 PM in response to usernamewasalreadytaken

Hey there, usernamewasalreadytaken.

I see that the keyboard of your MacBook Air isn't working as you expect. The space bar and delete key aren't working. I'm happy to help.

Apple - Support - Product Selection -- Since you found the appropriate article to troubleshoot this issue with, I suggest you contact Apple Support. They will be able to troubleshoot this issue further with you and supply you with all of your service options if needed.

Find Locations -- You can also locate the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider if you'd rather. Make sure the country you're located in is showing on the top-right corner. If it isn't, click it and choose the correct one.

How to back up your Mac -- Before you take or send your MacBook Air in, please be certain you have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Some product repairs may involve replacing your computer's hard drive, and some may not. If your hard drive contains sensitive or confidential data, read on for some suggestions on how to keep that data secure.

Take care!

SpaceAndDeleteKeyNotWorking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.